2’s December News
3's DECEMBER NEWS
A Peek at the Month
Theme Holiday Customs
Favorite Books The Polar Express
The Dreidel Book
The Eight Nights of Hanukkah
The Christmas Story
It’s Kwanzaa Time
Letters of the Month I and J
Drop off/ Pick up has begun, please remember to drive slowly, watching for the children that want to walk. Also, NEVER pass another car in the line, you must wait until all the cars in front of you have moved. If you are in a rush, please park and walk up to get your child. Thanks!
Children’s Holiday Shopping will be done by Dec 11th
School Closed Dec 24th- Jan 2nd
School Reopens January 3rd
Holiday Party December 13th and 14th 11:15am
All families are invited to join us for the party.
In November we focused on our fall unit, discussed the changes in the season, and did many art activities involving the fall colors. The weather has been cold, but we still managed to enjoy playing outdoors sometimes and watched all the leaves change colors, the trees loose their leaves and the cooler breezes blowing everything around. Then we discussed the first thanksgiving and compared life for the pilgrims and Indians to our life now. The children quickly realized how much we have to be thankful for and it was nice to celebrate Thanksgiving with all of our friends in school and our families. We really appreciate all of you joining us that day to celebrate. Thanks so much!
As the end of the year approaches, our focus will be on our families and we will be talking about the different ways we celebrate the holidays. If you are interested in sharing a special family holiday tradition (by doing a special project, sharing a different snack or reading a book, etc.) please let me know, we can schedule a day and time for you to come into class. The children really enjoy learning about the different holiday customs.
Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Ms. Joanne, Ms. Diane (MWF), Ms. Laura (MWF), and Ms. Nicole (T-TH)
1.. Please remember to send your child to school dressed to play outside.
2. Continue to encourage them to go to the bathroom before they come to school.
3. Now that we have started the drop off / pick up; use extreme caution when you drive up to the school- some families may still want to walk.
Thanks for your help!
UPK/4 Year Old December Newsletter
Themes: Dinosaurs, Hibernating Animals, Winter, Family Holidays
If you would like to share a special family holiday tradition, craft project, or read a book to the children, please let us know.
Literacy: Letters D, G, W (December, Giving, Winter)
We continue to practice upper and lowercase letters along with sound recognition. As we read aloud we will listen to the sounds that the letters make. We will also learn to listen for words that rhyme while reading.
Math: Shapes, number recognition and writing
Science: Dinosaurs, Winter Observations, Season changes
Social Studies: December holidays
Science – Animal study, Food & Nutrition
- Drop Off/Pick Up has begun. Detailed information and instructions have been emailed to each family. Please follow the procedures and pull all the way up to the entrance (green man) and only get out of the car if you are the first or second car. If you are the THIRD car, please wait for the cars in front to leave, pull up, and then get out to help your child. This helps the process to run smoothly.
- For the safety of all of the children and teachers, please do not send your child to school if they are sick.
- As the weather continues to change, please be sure to dress your child with the proper clothing for outside play. Also, make sure their name is on all jackets, hats, etc.
- If you have not done so, please send in a change of clothing (winter clothes) to keep at the school.
NO SCHOOL – Holiday Break
December 24- January 2
Return to school January 3rd
December 12th – Yoga
December 14th –
Morning Class: 11:15 AM
PM Class 2:30 PM
Parents are invited to celebrate our holidays with some songs and together with your child create a holiday project.
Lastly, we wish everyone a joyful holiday season!! See you next year!
Ms. Bethann (MWF-AM & PM class), Ms. Nicole, (M-PM Class), Ms. Diane O. (F-PM Class)
Ms. Diane (T/TH-AM & PM class) Ms. Jill(T/TH-PM Class)