June News from the 2’s
We can’t believe the year is almost over! We have enjoyed watching your children learn and grow this year. The children have had the opportunity to make new friends, learn new things and have fun along the way. Thank you for sharing them with us. We hope that they enjoyed their first pre-school experience.
THEMES: Sea Life, Beach, Summer, Father’s Day Color: Review Colors
SONGS: 5 Little Ducks Shape: Review Shapes
I plant a little seed
If You’re Happy & You Know It
1, 2, 3 Little Flowers
Last Day of School & Picnic – Wed, June 13th & Thurs, June 14th
Graduation - Friday, June 15th (4’s class only)
- We will be playing outside when the weather is nice. Please be sure to send your child to school in socks and sneakers and apply sunscreen before coming to school.
- Please apply sunscreen as needed before coming to school.
3's June Newsletter
UPK June Newsletter
It’s hard to believe that the school year is almost over. We have had a wonderful year together. The children had the opportunity to make new friends, learn new things & and have fun along the way. Thank you for sharing them with us! We hope that they enjoyed their pre-school experience and are excited about their new adventures as they move into Kindergarten!
We have completed our alphabet study and number study. We learned about the different life cycles of our environment. The children have planted seeds and learned how to care for them. We also studied the life cycle of many insects such as worms, ladybugs, and caterpillars. We have experienced live caterpillars in our classroom and watched them transform before our eyes into butterflies. The children enjoyed observing them each day and watching the transformation process.
With summer coming upon us, we will begin our “ocean” study and learn about life under the sea. We will continue to review the letters, counting skills, number recognition and colors.
We will have “Color Week” beginning on Tuesday, June 5th. Throughout the week the children can choose to the wear the colors for the day and we will graph our colors!
- Tuesday, June 5th Red or Orange
- Wednesday, June 6th Yellow or Green
- Thursday, June 7th Blue or Purple
- Friday, June 8th WEAR YOUR FAVORITE COLOR TO SCHOOL DAY
Dates to Remember:
- Tuesday, June 5th – 8th COLOR WEEK
- Wednesday, June 14th – Picnic Day. Bring a lunch to school and we will picnic outdoors!!
- Friday, June 15th – UPK Graduation Day. Please have your child at the school by 9:05am. Graduation will begin at 9:15am.
- Please make sure to take your child to the bathroom right before coming to school.
- Sneakers – Children run, play and jump more easily when wearing sneakers.
- Sunscreen – As we spend more time outside, please apply sunscreen to your child.
- Attendance – Please make every effort to have your child at school over the next few weeks as we practice and become comfortable with our Graduation Ceremony.
The Four Year Old Teachers